The Baptist Convention of New England strives to be completely transparent with how we collect and use information we gather about you on this site. Your privacy is important to us and we respect your preferences.
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how the Baptist Convention of New England, Inc. (“BCNE”) uses personal information (“Personal Information”) and applies to all users (“Users”) who access, view, visit, download or otherwise interact with www.bcne.net (“Site”). By visiting the Site, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the BCNE practices, do not access, view, visit, download or otherwise interact with the Site. If you have any questions or comments concerning the BCNE’s Privacy Statement, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact the BCNE via postal mail at: 87 Lincoln Street, Northborough, MA 01532.
Our Privacy Statement is organized as follows:
1. Personal Information the BCNE Gathers
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, locate or contact an individual. The BCNE may collect the following types of Personal Information:
Contact Information. Contact Information allows the BCNE to communicate with you. Examples of Contact Information include, but are not limited to, your name, accurate postal addresses, valid email address or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of the BCNE.
Transaction Information. The BCNE automatically receives and records some information from your browser when you visit the site, such as your IP address, cookies and data about which pages you visit on the site through the use of log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners. This information helps us analyze and understand how the site works for users. Information that is gathered includes, but is not limited to, information about how you interact with the BCNE and information about how you use the BCNE’s Site, email, other communications and applications.
Mobile Location Information. If you have permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data, the BCNE may collect Mobile Location.
2. How the BCNE Collects Personal Information
The BCNE may prompt you to provide Personal Information (including Contact Information) when you interact with the Site or contact the BCNE.
The BCNE also collects Transaction Information if and when you contact the BCNE via telephone, email or other methods of communication.
3. How the BCNE Uses Personal Information
We may use Personal Information to enhance your user experience, to help us better understand you, to help us customize offers or posts that may be of interest to you and to help us otherwise enhance the Site.
The BCNE may use your Personal Information to:
- Identify and authenticate users;
- Facilitate transactions;
- Operate and improve the Site;
- Connect with you on social media (such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter);
- Contact you by phone or email;
- Personalize and continually improve users’ experience;
- Provide you with suggested information;
- Send you technical notices, updates, alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins or marketing;
- Evaluate additional services or offerings that may be of interest to users;
- Track transactions and perform other analytics;
4. When and Why the BCNE Discloses Personal Information
The BCNE will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your explicit consent, except as specified in this Privacy statement. The BCNE will disclose your Personal Information when:
Working with companies and service providers that process billing, website hosting or analytics performance in furtherance of the purposes described in Section 3 (“How the BCNE Uses Personal Information”) above.
Enforcing the BCNE’s rights or protecting the BCNE's property and intellectual property; Protecting the rights, property or safety of others, investigating fraud, responding to a government request.
- The BCNE believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss.
- The BCNE believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to commence an investigation or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud.
- The BCNE believes in good faith that it must disclose such information per auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions.
- The BCNE believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to defend itself in litigation or a regulatory action.
- The BCNE believes in good faith that it must disclose such information, or is advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts.
This Privacy statement only governs when and why the BCNE discloses Personal Information. This Privacy statement does not apply to the practices of third parties that the BCNE does not own or control, or individuals that the BCNE does not employ or manage. The use of your Personal Information by third parties that you access through the Site is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to the BCNE’s control. The BCNE is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of other websites on the Internet, even those linked to or from the Site. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
The BCNE may disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, the BCNE may provide third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about Site users.
5. Tracking Technologies
6. Choice and Control
While the BCNE does need to collect certain information to complete certain actions on the Site, the BCNE wants to give you the ability to control how your information is provided and shared.
Email Preferences. For various reasons, the BCNE may contact you about our services or your activity. If you no longer wish to receive emails from the BCNE you may opt out of the email as indicated on each and every email correspondence.
Cookies and Tracking Devices. You manage how your browser handles cookies and other tracking devices by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your browser. If accessing the Site by a mobile device, you may manage the information your mobile device shares, such as cookies, tracking technologies and location information, by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings.
7. Security of Personal Information
The BCNE strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and therefore the BCNE cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information. The BCNE strives to maintain a system that reasonably safeguards Personal Information.
8. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement describes the collection, use and disclosure of information by the BCNE through the Site. The BCNE utilizes third parties to provide services to users and also provides links from the Site to other websites. These third parties may have their own privacy policies and may collect, use and distribute information differently than the BCNE. The BCNE encourages all users to read the privacy policies of all third parties.
9. Changes to this Privacy Statement
The BCNE may, from time to time, at the BCNE’s sole, absolute and unfettered discretion, update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices. We encourage all users to periodically review the Privacy Statement.