DISASTER RELIEF NEW ENGLAND
Disasters happen all the time. But you don't have to feel helpless when you see others struggling to survive in the wake of tragedies.
Disaster Relief New England trains and equips individuals and churches to step into those situations and make a difference in the lives of survivors by meeting needs and sharing the love of Christ.
As part of the Southern Baptist Disaster Relief network(a group so large and well-organized that it is one of the "big three" in disaster relief work), Disaster Relief New England mobilizes volunteers to respond to disasters around the region and across the U.S. multiple times each year.
We partner with FEMA, the Department of Homeland Security, the American Red Cross, the Salvation Army, other national volunteer organizations and local churches to bring both physical and spiritual relief.
Will you join us in changing lives and offering hope through Gospel-centered relief?
Types of Relief We Offer
- Recovery (flood and chain saw)
- Showers & Laundry
- Mass Care Feeding
- Incident Command
- Disaster Leadership
- Responsible for personal insurance coverage and medical expenses in case of injury or illness while serving.
- Responsible for transportation to and from the disaster site.
- Ability to follow instructions and guidelines from DR officials during a disaster response. Failure to follow instructions will result in the volunteer being asked to return home.
Benefits to Participating Churches
- Opportunities for participants to grow as leaders and servants.
- Stronger relationships with community leaders.
- More local and mission service opportunities.
- Experience in going on short-term mission trips.
- More chances to share the Gospel through words and actions.
Next Steps for Churches
- Invite one of our leaders to hold a presentation on Disaster Relief New England. The presentation could range from 15 to 45 minutes depending on your needs.
- Form a group of people who want to serve in Disaster Relief.
- Develop an emergency plan in partnership with your community emergency leaders.
- Attend any of our training events.
Contact us using the button below if you're interested in learning more about being involved in Disaster Relief New England. You can also call Tim Buehner at 508-393-6013 x222