BAPTIST CONVENTION OF NEW ENGLAND MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
Please read the following statements. You will be asked to sign your understanding and agreement at the end of the membership application.
- Our church has reviewed The Baptist Faith & Message (2000 edition) of the Southern Baptist Convention and is in general agreement with the doctrines therein.
- Our church has reviewed the Constitution and Bylaws of the Baptist Convention of New England and is in general agreement with the practices described therein.
- Our church has met with representative of the Baptist Convention of New England in person or via teleconference and has been able to ask questions and discuss our involvement with the organization.
- Our church is willing to support the Baptist Convention of New England by:
- being involved in the ministries they offer that are deemed useful to our church.
- being willing to host or sponsor ministries for other churches in the convention.
- being willing to allow our pastor or other leaders to be used by the convention to further the work of evangelism and discipleship across New England.
- sending representatives to at least one business meeting each year.
- completing our Annual Church Profile each year in a timely way.
- making financial contributions to the BCNE through the Cooperative Program in accordance with our church budget and missions policies (minimum $500 annually).
- Our church understands that the Baptist Convention of New England will assist us in strengthening and mobilizing our church to fulfill the Great Commission, but that they will never exercise authority over our congregation.
- Our church understands that in times of pastoral vacancy the Baptist Convention of New England will offer us a list of names that we might call for pulpit supply and pass resumes along to us, but the responsibility for finding and calling a new pastor rests with our congregation alone. We will not be "assigned" a pastor. We understand that we do not have to choose a pastor from the resumes that we are given from the Baptist Convention of New England.
- Our church understands that we may withdraw from the Baptist Convention of New England at any time, but agrees to allow a representative from the convention speak with our leadership before taking such action in the hopes of possible reconciliation.
- Our church understands that we may be dually aligned with other evangelical denominations, agencies, mission boards or organizations. By accepting our church, the Baptist Convention of New England is not endorsing our other affiliations but is choosing to leave that issue alone as a matter of local church autonomy.
- Typically, churches that affiliate with the Baptist Convention of New England also choose to be affiliated with the local association and the national Southern Baptist Convention, but this is not a requirement. A church may decide to affiliate with either of them at a later time by simply informing the BCNE in writing; our office will forward the request to those organizations.
Please note this membership application is not considered complete until your church has made an initial Cooperative Program contribution. You may contribute to the Cooperative Program online or by mailing a check to the Baptist Convention of New England, attn: Dr. Terry Dorsett, 87 Lincoln Street, Northborough, MA 01532. Thank you!