in New England
You don't have to travel far from home to go on mission. Your church can help fill vital project and partnership needs right here in New England!
Serve Outside New England
Interested in serving on mission in another part of the United States? Our office has connections with numerous state and regional Baptist conventions, including partnerships with the Tennessee Baptist Convention and the State Convention of Baptists in Ohio.
Become a Missionary
Helping Hands missionaries are self-funded missionaries who serve in a support role in New England for one to 24 months. Some examples of Helping Hands roles could include:
- Community research / survey
- Special evangelistic event planning and implementation
- Administrative support
- Web communications development
- Mission mobilization
- Disaster Relief development
Candidates must be active members of a Southern Baptist church who are able to raise necessary support. You will need to complete a volunteer application and background check before receiving approval. If you're interested in taking the next steps, we can help you through the process.
Request a Mission Team or Partner
Every year we publish an updated list of New England ministry needs. Requests for 2019 are due by Oct. 14, 2018, but we recommend sending requests in during the summer months to increase your chances of finding a match. Requests can only be accepted from BCNE member churches in good standing.
Ideas for Requests
- Evangelism events (children's programs, VBS, sports camps, ESL, block parties, movie nights, etc.).
- Skilled laborers for construction projects.
- Prayerwalking and survey work.
- Individuals to serve as core or leadership team members, such as worship or children's leaders.
- Church leadership development and discipling.
Guidelines for Requests
- Write a concise, interesting description that shows how this project fits into your overall strategy of reaching people for Christ.
- Plan in advance. Remember the deadline to submit requests is Oct. 14, but earlier is better.
- We will share your request with our partners and networks, but unfortunately, we can't promise that we'll find a match.
- Remember that, as the requesting church, you are responsible for managing the project.
Request a Helping Hands Missionary
Helping Hands missionaries serve in a support role for one to 24 months. They are responsible for raising their own funds.
Requests need to be developed by the BCNE member church, then approved by our mobilization leader, Tim Buehner. As a requesting church, you are responsible for: providing a supervisor for the volunteer, promoting the volunteer request and responding to initial contacts from potential volunteers. The BCNE will help you handle the application process and background checks. Requests can only be accepted from BCNE member churches in good standing.