Christians often struggle with answering questions or objections they hear when sharing Christ. Although we want to rely on the Holy Spirit and not our own powers of persuasion, we also want to be ready to answer clearly and with grace (Col. 4:6). We hope the suggestions below will encourage you as you prayerfully seek to share the Gospel.*Many of the answers have been adapted from chapter 10 of One Thing You Can't Do in Heaven by Mark Cahill (also available in Spanish).
1. "There's no absolute truth."
2. "Can you prove that there is a God?"
3. "How do you know the Bible is true?"
4. "Doesn't evolution prove the Bible false?"
5. "How can Jesus be the only way to God? Aren't there many paths to heaven?"
6. "I don't believe in hell, so there can't be one."
7. "Doesn't the Bible say we are reincarnated when we die?"
8. "Can God create a rock so big that He can't lift it?"
9. "When I get old, I'll get right with God"
10. "How can there be a God when there is so much evil and suffering in the world?"
11. "What will happen to people in Africa who have never heard the Gospel? Are they condemned to hell?"
12. "The church is full of hypocrites"
13. "There are so many religions, how do I know which is the right one?"