YOUTH LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PHOTO ESSAY
1. CheckPoint takes place each October as an overnight retreat for adult youth leaders. It is a time of fellowship, shared learning, encouragement and worship.
2. CrossWalk, a BCNE camp for students in grades 6-12, is held each July. Discipleship is the foundation of this week, which includes daily small group Bible study, worship, recreation and fun. The staff is primarily comprised of camp alums and local leadership.
3. Journey is designed for adults who are active youth leaders and Quest mentors who have not yet traveled overseas on mission. Journey is a multi-phase experience with peers that includes a mission opportunity in Brazil.
4. YEC (Youth Encountering Christ) is a winter weekend conference for teens. At 36 years and counting, YEC is the largest and longest-running event sponsored by the BCNE. Four main sessions of worship and messages from a featured speaker are the highlight.
5. Quest, a leadership development experience for high school juniors, is a nine-month process that focuses on Christ-centered servant leadership through multiple phases. Students travel overseas during one of the phases to locations such as Dominican Republic, South Africa, Scotland and Hawaii. Quest is beginning its 19th year and has more than 350 alumni.