EMBRACING THE FUTURE UPDATE
In November 2015 we announced the Embracing the Future initiative. Our goal was bold -- to raise $300,000 in one year in order to provide funding for five key ministries crucial to the future of the BCNE and eliminate a long-standing debt, freeing up more money for ministry. Some people thought it was a crazy idea since we had not tried anything that aggressive in nearly two decades. But changes in how some of our national partners relate to our mission work required us to do something different.
I am pleased to inform you that as of April 25, 2017 we have successfully concluded our Embracing the Future effort! Though it took us 16 months instead of 12, it is with great excitement that I announce that our debt has been completely paid and that two of our five initiatives are now fully funded. This is exciting news for New England Baptists! Rejoice with us and give praise to the Lord for His provision.
But challenges remain. Three of our five initiatives still need significant funding. Those ministries include:
- Church Health – focused on helping 1/3 of our BCNE churches that are struggling
- Collegiate Ministry – targeting 60% of New England campuses with no gospel witness
- BCNE Staff Fund – focused on funding for Youth Leadership Development director and other ministry positions
By the end of 2017 we are praying for God to raise up donors who would make a special gift for one or more of these three ministries. We are specifically praying for:
- 10 donors who would give $1,000 to one of these funds
- 20 donors who would give $500 to one of these funds
- 100 donors who would give a donation of any amount toward one of these funds
Would you be willing to make a tax deductible donation today to one of the funds listed above so we can keep moving forward in our efforts to reach New England for Christ? Click one of the buttons above or mail your donation to: BCNE, 87 Lincoln St., Northborough, MA 01532.
- Dr. Terry W. Dorsett
Executive Director, Baptist Convention of New England