Suggested Ways to Pray While Prayer Walking Espanol Caminatas de Oracion
New Hope, NY Prayerwalking video
(video from our media library featuring Claude King, Henry Blackaby and other leaders) Pray Your Friends to Christ
- an excellent teaching Powerpoint developed by Dr. J. Chris Schofield of the NC Baptist Convention Strategic Prayerwalking (MP3 audio- 90 min) with Dr. Randy Sprinkle
- Learn the impact of prayerwalking to the darkness of New England in
setting free those in bondage. The three elements discussed are 1.)
Seeing our Community - looking carefully at the spiritual condition of
who we are as a nation and New England; 2.) Seeing Ourselves and 3.)
Seeing Life as a Prayerwalk.
PRAYER WALKER GUIDE CARDS
this PDF document to make handy prayer guide cards for those going
prayer walking. Download the document, copy it on both sides and cut in
quarters. Remind prayerwalkers to
English Prayer Walk Guide Card-English
Tarjeta referencia bolsillo para el caminante rezo- Español O cartão de referência do bolso para pray passeio- Português
Ways to Pray While Prayer Walking
When you begin prayerwalking, it may be a little overwhelming to know
what to pray for as you walk throughout your community. Below are some
ideas to help you get started prayerwalking. NOTE: Pray that God would reveal the lostness of the area you are praying for and be sensitive to an encounter with someone as you walk and an opportunity to share the gospel, a witness or a seed. Tell people you encounter that you are from _______ Church and you are praying for the community. Is there anything in which we can pray for you and your family?
Praying for Personal Spiritual Need
- Pray in repentance and belief in Christ (Mark 1:15).
- Pray in confession of sin (1 John 1:9).
- Prepare your heart (Psalm 139: 23-24)
- Focus your mind (Philippians 2: 5)
- Seek God’s guidance (Psalm 2: 8)
- Pray that we can forgive everyone (Luke 11:4a).
- Pray that we will not be led into temptation (Luke 11:4b).
- Pray for God’s will and not our will to be done in our lives (Luke 22:42).
- Pray to love your neighbors as yourself (Matt 22:39)
- Pray for the fruit of the Spirit to characterize all that we say and do. (Gal. 5:22-23).
Praying for Lost People
- Pray With Praise and Thanksgiving (Psalms 100:4; 1 Timothy 2:4)
- Pray According to the Promises of His Word (2 Peter 3:9; 1 John 5:14; Mark 10:27)
- Pray for Laborers (Luke 10:2)
- Pray Remembering Where You Once Were (Ephesians 2:4-8)
Praying Strategically for Unbelievers
- Pray for Receptive Hearts (Luke 8:5,12)
- Pray for spiritual eyes and ears to be open (Matthew 13: 15)
- Pray for them to have God’s attitude toward sin (John 16: 8)
- Pray for them to be released and to believe (2 Timothy 2: 25-26)
- Pray for transformed lives (Romans 12: 1-2)
- Pray for their Attitude adjustment (John 16:8)
Praying Strategically for Believers
- Pray for Christ to send believers into His Harvest fields (Matt. 9:38).
- Pray for Christ to keep Christians in His name and character (John 17:11).
- Pray for Christians to have Christ’s joy made full in themselves (John 17:13).
- Pray for Christ to guard and protect believers from the evil one (John 17:15).
- Pray for Christ to sanctify (set apart) believers in the truth of God (John 17:17).
- Pray for Christians to be unified in one mission, purpose and spirit even as the Father and Son are one (John 17:21-22).
- Pray for Christians to be where Christ is and join His work (John 17:24).
- Pray for Christians to be filled with spiritual wisdom, pleasing in
all ways to Christ, strengthened spiritually, mentally, physically, and
emotionally, and bearing fruit in every good work (Col. 1:10-11).
Other Prayer Ideas
Consider these and other verses the Spirit brings to mind to help prompt specific prayer:
- Praying for workers to enter the harvest (Matt. 9:38),
- Praying for God to make a way for us to share the gospel (Col. 4:3),
- Praying for others, for the power of the Spirit, and for God’s people (Eph. 6:18),
- Praying for fearlessness and bravery to witness no matter where you are (Eph. 6:19),
- Praying for everyone with thankfulness (I Tim. 2:1),
- Praying for kings and those in power to be saved (I Tim. 2:2-4),
- Praying in confession of sin, (I John 1:9),
- Praying for spiritual awakening (2 Chron. 7:14).
Go to our following web page for...Other Prayer Resources